The Medani Programme
This is the first time that the ASM Mentoring Programme has branched out of the capital city of Khartoum to run a short 3 month mentoring programme in Medani State, which is a 3 hour drive from Khartoum. In December the ASM team organised a launch event in order to introduce ASM and our activities to them and recruit mentees for the programme.
The Mentees and Mentors
6 mentees aged 17-22 from Medani, and 6 mentors based in Khartoum, Sweden, Malaysia, Kuwait, and the US were selected for the programme.
December 2018-March 2019.
- Personal development (communication skills, career planning and goal setting, time management).
- Professional development (leadership skills, public speaking, CV writing, interview skills, job searching).
- Women’s empowerment ( feminism and intersectionality)
- Public Speaking (practicing their public speaking and key ways to deliver an excellent presentation).
- Scholarships ( the process of applying for scholarships, going through the Chevening scholarship application).
- Leadership Skills ( Understanding what makes a successful leader, how to influence others and communicate effectively)
- Maysoun Mehaildin, psychologist, head of training at training centre in Medani
- Eiman Joda, Consultant, Poverty and Equity Global Practice, World Bank
- Fajir Faisal, Lecturer, University of Gezira
The Graduation Ceremony
A graduation ceremony was held on the 9th March 2019 in Medani. At the graduation ceremony of the programme, the founder gave a speech, followed by all the mentees, and the mentee coordinator, and we celebrated their achievements by giving out certificates.