Mentoring scheme roles
Young, dynamic Sudanese girls with demonstrated potential. The criteria includes:
- Be aged 17-22.
- Demonstrate a high interest in education with great academic potential.
- Speak conversational English.
- Parental/ guardian approval and support.
- Internet access and basic computer skills in order to connect with mentors.
- Commit to completing an informal assessment, and a questionnaire at the end of each topic.
- Dedicate at least three hours per week to fellowship activities
Al Sudaniya Mentoring will carefully select outstanding women, who are high achievers and have a great wealth of experience necessary for developing and shaping these young girls. Candidates must:
- Be a Sudanese woman aged 24 years or over.
- Demonstrate an interest to inspire, mentor, and support a young girl for a period of 6 months.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the issue of education in Sudan.
- Be fluent in English and know conversational Arabic.
- Have outstanding personal qualities, including openness to interpersonal and multicultural experiences.
- Commit to writing up progress on the mentoring sessions through the online tracking system every week, and complete the evaluation questionnaires on each topic.
- Read and develop a session plan for the mentee based on the information provided in the information pack.